Our focus this week is on herbs that can assist us during the festive season when our Liver and Kidneys and bodies take strain from the rich food and the celebrations that go with this festive time. Essential Herbal Products recommend three herbs/herbal blends which can benefit one greatly.
How to use these herbs:
Place 1 teaspoon in a tea infuser or bodem
Add 1 large cup of boiled water
Infuse for 10 minutes, pour and drink.
Our Kidney and bladder tea has the following uses:
• It is a general tonic
• A diuretic
• Prevents kidney stones
• Helps with urinary infections
• Alkalises the body
• Reduces inflammation
• Dulls pain
The next herb is the milk thistle:
• Protects and heals the liver
• Prevents the absorption of toxins
• Stimulates bile
• Stimulates liver regeneration
• Reduces inflammation in the liver
• Minimises the effects of chemotherapy
• Helps with jaundice
• Helps with cirrhosis
This is the last herb we want to highlight as when we are overtired we are prone to coughs and colds.
• Thyme is antimicrobial
• Opens tight airways
• It is an expectorant
• Lifts moods
• Induces sleep
• Relieves headaches
• Reduces bladder and bowl disorders
• Is a good mouthwash and gargle.