- Irritable bowel caused by stress…Swedish bitters (25 drops in a quarter glass of water-3 times a day).
- Mouth ulcer-probably also stress related…Swedish Bitters (applied topically 3 times a day. Within 3 days it was almost gone and 7 days later, not a sign of the ulcer.)
I have also heard that applied topically it can relieve inflammation (Haemorrhoids, acne, leg ulcers etc). I have an inflamed baby toe…I wonder if it can help that?
Here is some more interesting information about Swedish Bitters: A tincture that Essential Herbal Products highly recommends.
- Take this bitter tonic to stimulate digestion, appetite, bile flow – and maintain healthy digestive function.
- Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product helps maintain regularity with their scientifically-proven laxative action.
- Oral use: take 10 to 20 ml of Swedish Bitters in 100 ml of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals to relieve indigestion symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal discomfort and flatulence (ideal after a rich heavy meal).
- Contains black cohosh, clinically-proven to relieve premenstrual discomfort and menopausal symptoms such as night sweats and mood swings (take 21 ml twice daily in 100 ml water/juice/herb tea) .
- External use: soak a piece of gauze in undiluted Swedish Bitters for the healing/repair of skin and to relieve insect bites, swellings and inflamed joints (apply for 2-4 hours and cover with bandage).
- Apply to forehead or back of head/neck for 15 minutes for the temporary relief of headaches.
- Gargle: for the relief of a sore throat or toothache (add 60 ml Swedish Bitters to 250 ml of lukewarm water)
Information taken from: (http://www.naturalhealthorganics.com.au/Swedish-Bitters-Tincture-pr-834.html)