Many of us have suffered from this common ailment at one time or another. What happens is that the muscular contractions of the digestive tract become irregular and un-coordinated. This interferes with the normal movement of food and waste material. When this is disrupted mucus and toxins accumulate in the intestine. What often follows is a partial obstruction which results in gas being trapped causing bloating, distension, constipation and pain. Common causes are food allergies ( Gluten and Lactose are common), bacteria and stress.
So what can we offer you to deal with this horrible disorder?
• Milk thistle is the first as it cleanses and restores the liver.
• Burdock tincture which is a powerful antioxidant
• Alfalfa which has vitamin K needed to build intestinal flora
• Marshmallow root to reduce the inflammation in the colon.
• Peppermint tea to relieve the too full feeling and gas
• Valerian tincture at bed time to relieve the stress which aggravates the nerves.
Or our famous tummy tea which is a combination of herbs which combined, deals with some of the debilitating effects of IBS.